[LAU] Bagpipe(Medieval) Plugin - Who wants to develop one with me?

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 12:26:42 EDT 2009

On Thursday, September 24, 2009, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> implementing a bagpipe *controller* would be something I would be
> interested in - detecting fingers over holes and detecting airflow is
> easy enough, but maybe detecting fingers half over the hole to slide a
> note would be tricky.
>
> Hmm, USB bagpipe controller, then hack on Frets on Fire for a bit -
> could Bagpipe Hero be the next Big Thing?

Are you kidding?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euQ7BEPjBj4

OTOH, talking about electronic bagpipes: Fagerstrom Technopipes.
http://www.hotpipes.com/tpipe.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvpSZZOftfM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWk2z6sxK8M

I play an old Akai EWI (wind controller) model. There is a new model, cheaper
(around $300), and USB. Bundles Garritan software and instruments library for
Mac and Win, without bagpipe sounds.
http://www.akaipro.com/ewiusb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0J967TIBk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTDiXhG0T8I