[LAU] jconv settings

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Sep 27 07:11:12 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>>
>> What I *really* hate are things like on some DG opera
>> recordings from the early CD days, using a different
>> reverb on the orchestra and the singers - it usually
>> makes me feel sick :-) I don't often physically destroy
>> music CDs, but have done so with some of these.
>
> In the 1960s American Decca damned near ruined the releases of Andres
> Segovia by pouring a bucket of reverb on the pseudo-stereo recordings.
> Thankfully I got hold of the European recordings and enjoyed the Maestro's
> works without the faked "castle hall" ambience.

Of course some people *do* like Segovia and classical
guitar in general with this sort of 'ambience'. Maybe
also some crackling noises from the fireplace and some
chilly wind outside, between the tracks. And some castle
maiden vocalising in the spiral stairs (even more reverb).
But I agree it's horrible !

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.