[LAU] Light laptop setup ?

M Watts zwy648rct at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:30:54 EDT 2009

On 09/28/2009 03:36 AM, lanas wrote:
> 1) What is the most easiest-to-setup MIDI/audio interface for a
> laptop ?  Fedora 11 will be installed on the laptop.

Then easiest would be Planet CCRMA.  From a fresh F11 install, I did

rpm --import
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt

and

rpm -Uvh
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/11/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.1-2.fc11.ccrma.noarch.rpm

then you can browse the repository with yum or packagekit

>The laptop will probably be a dual core with 2 to 4 GB of RAM and some 300
> GB hard disk.  The screen will probably 16".  This will not be a
> top-of-the-line laptop.

:rofl:  mine's a 1.6Ghz 512Mb RAM 40GB hard disk unit from 2002 but is
still very usable for modest needs, so you should be fine.