[LAU] Yoshimi oddity

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Mon Sep 28 13:49:53 EDT 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:15:33 +1000
cal <cal at graggrag.com> wrote:

> Folderol wrote:
> > The attached patch (Sharp Synth)behaves very differently on yoshimi to
> > zyn. The notes C1 to F1 and C2 to F2 are extremely dull sounding, and
> > the overall level is higher.
> >
> > I can't really pin it down, but my suspicion is that yoshimi is
> > ignoring the resonance setting and applying it's own strange one.
> Um no, yoshimi wouldn't do anything so devious without warning first. I believe
> the simple "transposition" error I mentioned earlier (can't think of a better way
> to account for it) is responsible, hence 0.015 <http://www.graggrag.com/?q=node/19>.
>
> cheers, Cal

Works fine :)
Thanks.

... and I don't know about code not being devious. To this day I still
remember a bit of assembler I wrote for the BBC B that had me guessing
for months!

.loop
  {stuff}
  INY
  LDA (buff),Y
  CPY #13 <- should have been CMP #13
  BNE loop

Mostly the input strings were less than 13 chars long, and/or the word
being matched was at the start. Very occasionally this was not true and
the routine failed :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk