[LAU] [LAD] phasex-0.12.0-pre1

William Weston weston at sysex.net
Wed Sep 30 14:53:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> William Weston wrote:
>> Download phasex and hear for yourself...
>>
>>      http://sysex.net/phasex/
>>
>> Alternatively, you can utilize the git repositoty:
>>
>>      git clone http://sysex.net/git/phasex.git
>>

> The screenshots are bright :), I'll compile it within the next days. Is there
> a DSSI version available?

Not yet.  0.12.0 only supports ALSA MIDI and JACK audio.  The code
needs to be ripped apart and put back together again for 0.13.x, and
then it's a matter of supporting the other audio/MIDI frameworks one
by one.  LASH, LADI, JACK MIDI, OSC, DSSI, and LV2 are all on the
todo list.  I wanted to get a stable release out that just plain
works before this undertaking.

> Ralf
>
> --
> Taking a look at the screenshots reminds me to ask something OT: Does anybody
> know an insiders' tip were to get CME microchips for old faithful analog
> synth by a fair price?

Define "fair"... price on these NOS chips started going up years
ago.  I paid $60 for a wave-gen chip for a Juno-106 about five years
ago, and thought that was fair at the time.  Chips for other synths
can range from a little less to a lot more.  Check ebay, you might
get lucky.

Cheers,
--ww