[LAU] The Drummer's Gigsaw: 2nd edition

Philippe Hezaine philippe.hezaine at free.fr
Wed Sep 30 19:24:35 EDT 2009

hollunder at gmx.at a écrit :
> On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 00:16:27 +0200
> Philippe Hezaine <philippe.hezaine at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> The Drummer's Gigsaw: 2nd edition
>>
>> There is a gap in the free world about to find pre-built drums
>> patterns as a drum machine. As the novice as the song’s composer who
>> wants to outline an arrangement, the assessment is: there’s still no
>> consistent free database about drum patterns. The project "Le Puzzle
>> du Batteur-The Drummer’s Gigsaw" aims to fill this gap. In due course
>> there will be a duplicate copy but for a real drummer. It's published
>> under a GPLv3 License.
>>

>> New:
>> - You have to add a command in your /home/.vimrc
>> See the README.
>>
>> - There is an INSTALL.sh script now. I hope it will be more
>> user-friendly to install the Gigsaw.
>>
>> - There are no longer acute accents in the files.
>>
>> - there is one more repertory: DEBUG
>>
>> - I added two scripts:
>>         00-automate-Batterie-seule.vim
>>         00-automate-Percussions-seules.vim
>> and their corresponding templates:
>>         Z-2-modele-Batterie-seule-22pistes.ly-0
>>         Z-2-modele-Percussions-seules-26pistes.ly-0
>>
>> You'll call them from MA-BASE/0-run-process.
>>
>> Download here:
>>
>> http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr/spip.php?article46
>>
>> So far I didn't get any feedback. It wasn't working, was it?
>> I believe I finally found the cause for this.
>> Would you be kind enough to tell me if you get MY-SONG+veloc out.
>> Feedback... feedback... feedback... as a long moan in the desert. :=)
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> Ok, feedback.
> To me it's not clear what the drummers gigsaw actually is. I haven't
> tried it yet, just read the mail and a bit on the website.
> I guess it's something instructional?
> But if so, what does it needs scripts for?
> Pardon my ignorance if it's stated very clearly somewhere.
>
> Regards,
> Philipp

Hi Philipp,

In two words, with the Gigsaw you can build your drums patterns as you want.
Either you copy and paste from the (data)BASES or you modify the
existing one to suit your song. And even create them.
It needs scripts to get midi velocities from lilypond midi file.
Are you more informed?
--
   Phil.
Superbonus-Project (Site principal) <http://superbonus.project.free.fr>

Superbonus-Project (Plate-forme d'échange):
<http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr>