[LAU] qjackctl bubble

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Sun Apr 4 20:16:19 EDT 2010

Philipp wrote:
> Excerpts from Peter Plessas's message of 2010-04-05 01:40:04 +0200:
>> david wrote:

>>> Interesting, I've never had QJackCtl dor more than one error message.
>>> Never had it continue asking. I don't even see a setting anywhere that
>>> seems to have that at all. I have 0.3.2.
>>>
>>> What version are you using?
>> Qt: 4.5.3
>> QjackCtl: 0.3.6
>>
>> Do you have qjackctl configured to fire up the jack server at
>> application startup?
>>
>> thank you!
>
> The bubbles are my fault, I suggested them, but I also noticed that
> behavior and I think I complained about it on the sf bugtracker but I
> can't find the bug anymore...
Thank you Philipp, for your kind reply and for your work in supporting
qjackctl! Do you think we should file a new bugreport?

> The main reason for bubbles was that the tray icon was unusable while
> the error window was showing, which was inconvenient for me.
I already think that having the message window plus an error message
dialogue popping up in older versions of qjackctl was too much of
different windows opening all over the place, so while I totally
understand your motivation I think this is too much information in a
badly organized way. I even have the disadvantage of being on a debian
system which will incorporate an eventual bugfix very late after it got
submitted, unless I start to compile qjackctl myself which I usually
want to avoid.

> AFAIK only the very latest release of qjackctl has bubbles instead of
> the window.
How long do you think reverting to a non-bubbley behavior is going to take?

Thank you again for your open minded support and efforts in making
qjackctl an easy to use and great piece of software!

P.