[LAU] Puredyne 9.11 (Carrot and Coriander+) - new release of realtime audio+video distro

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Tue Apr 6 07:15:57 EDT 2010

On Sun, April 4, 2010 00:27, James Morris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering why the 64bit Puredyne does not include Ardour?
>
> And how this might affect building it from source?

Still wondering...

I've been using Debian in the past, compiling kernels, JACK, ALSA, etc,etc
from source, but recently switched to Gentoo. Then other things got in the
way of setting up audio production software so have nothing running.

I'm kinda sick of building stuff from source at the moment so (64bit) Pure
Dyne looked like the solution to that, but without ardour2, it's just not.
Disappointing.

And why punish us with grub2? I had a hellish time trying to configure it
a couple of months ago and gave up and installed legacy grub.

james.