[LAU] JACK (or LADSPA or LV2) spectrum analyzer? -- NEVERMIND, I found japa!

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Apr 6 14:20:12 EDT 2010

On Monday 05 April 2010 20:48:03 Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:
> > Of course there is.... JAPA does exactly what I want.
> Thanks for asking the question and letting me discover japa, very
> useful, I think I'm gonna be mixing with that running the next times!

Please don't use it while mixing.

Music is for ears, not for eyes. There is no point in a flat line in japa
produced by your music when it sounds like sh*, has flat voice, mistuned
instruments and sloppy rythm.

Use it to analyse your final mix in the beta stage. Use it to measure (and
correct) your listening environment. Use it to train your ears with music of
others.
But please don't use it for mixing music.

Arnold