[LAU] StretchPlayer 0.500 - Audio player with time stretch and pitch shifting

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:44:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, David wrote:

>> The fader maps from -Inf to +5 dB.  85% is 0 dB (unity gain).
>
> Don't you think it would feel more natural to map 100% to unity gain
> (0dB) ? At least it would to me, but I'm am no reference.

Yes, I agree... but I also prefer to see dB.  :-)

I wanted some amplification available.  Meanwhile the
non-techie musicians I know would be confused by seeing +2.1
dB or 162%.

     http://xkcd.com/670/

Having 0 dB at 85% is something I see common in the
industry (e.g. alsa, mixer consoles)... so I chose that
mapping.

Peace,
gabriel