[LAU] digital voodoo: master fader should be set at 0db

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Tue Apr 13 17:29:19 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:57:40PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 April 2010 21:41:18 Ken Restivo wrote:
> > It's all ones and zeroes. Given the same inputs, the same output should be
> >  obtained. Acoustics is physics. And if I can't measure it, it doesn't
> >  exist.
>
> Hehe, but don't fool yourself. Acoustics is waves in 3D around objects of
> arbitrary complexity. That gets very complicated very fast...

Yes, it's in the realm of chaos theory, and probably more akin to meteorology than say automobile mechanics.

That all said, I'm not a fundamentalist materialist either (my friend pretty much is), but I find being able to think like one useful in many areas-- like evaulating whether something is real or B.S.

-ken