[LAU] Looking for linux vst with rain and thunder

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 16:57:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Nathanael Anderson
<wirelessdreamer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to find a vst plugin (ideally native, but anything that'll run
> realtime with hacks works if there isn't a better solution) that has pro
> quality nature sounds, rain, thunder, running water, birds, wind.
>
> So far I found sounds of nature, which is a widows vst:
> http://www.xoxos.net/vst/nature/index.html

Hmmmmm... if there is only one Windows VST that fits this description,
doubt there's going to be a Linux one. Why does it need to be a VST?
Can you use sound loops, such as might be found on
http://www.freesound.org. You could probably pull those into
LinuxSampler using gigedit and have the full power of a real sampler
at your disposal.

-- Brett