[LAU] Orchestra sequencing and synthesis

Andrew C countfuzzball at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:32:29 UTC 2010

Hey Marco,

I use a combination of Linuxsampler and Rosegarden to write my music,
occasionally sequencing orchestral compositions.
Personally, I find using Rosegarden very intuitive and it works for me. I'm
afraid I don't have any experience with Musescore though!

As to your questions about handling notation and controlling note velocity,
Rosegarden, (I think) uses Lilypond, a notation program for doing up
notation scores etc, so it shouldn't be too difficult for you to write out
notation. Also, as Rosegarden is a midi sequencer, it's quite easy to edit
the velocity values (and anything else that can be controlled via midi) from
rosegarden.

Andrew Coughlan.