[LAU] Cannot play fuildsynth sounds from Alesis Control Pad

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Apr 20 00:26:15 UTC 2010

Le Lundi, 19 Avril 2010 12:22:10 +0100,
Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 19/04/2010, lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:
> > As I've reported, hitting the same pad 20 times will bring out one
> > (faint) sound.  I do not think the Alesis Control Pad is changing
> > MIDI note number during these 20 hits on the very same pad.
>
> Is there some controller, knob or setting that the Control Pad is
> sending which FluidSynth is interpreting as patch volume (or filter
> cutoff) but the other two are ignoring?

No, everything works fine in its own way.  Fluidsynth/qsynth works fine
with the percussion pads of the Axion 25 (as well as the keyboard) and
the Alesis Control Pad works fine with Hydrogen, as well as Zynaddsubfx
and the triggering of the built-in sounds of the M-Audio Prokeys88.

Each one works just fine.  It is only when the Control Pad is used with
fluidsynth/qsynth that barely a sound is produced.  It seems as if the
Control Pad. being a percussive instrument, is well understood by
Hydrogen whereas fluidsynth, primarily for keybaords, do nto understand
how a percussion-only intrument works, and there seems to be a
difference.  In what, I don't know.  Maybe the notes on/off are not the
same.  Maybe the duration of the MIDI event is way too short whne it is
allright for Hydrogen.

I hope that the Control Pad will be able in the end to play soundfonts !