[LAU] Some fun with impulse responses

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:40:43 UTC 2010

Some more IRs from the net:

(1) http://www.isophonics.net/content/room-impulse-response-data-set

 This collection of room impulse responses was measured in the Great Hall,
> the Octagon, and a classroom at the Mile End campus of Queen Mary,
> University of London in 2008. The measurements were created using the sine
> sweep technique [1] with a Genelec 8250A loudspeaker and two microphones, an
> omnidirectional DPA 4006 and a B-format Soundfield SPS422B.

> These IRs are released under the Creative Commons
> Attribution-Noncommercial-Share-Alike license with attribution to the Centre
> for Digital Music, Queen Mary, University of London.

> When using any portion of this data set, cite:

> Stewart, Rebecca and Sandler, Mark. "Database of Omnidirectional and
> B-Format Impulse Responses", in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics,
> Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2010), Dallas, Texas, March 2010.

---------------

(2) Earlier, I had wondered where the missing files for jconvolver in
directory /usr/share/jconvolver/spacenet/
hamilton-amb.conf     maeshowe-amb.conf
lyddington-amb.conf   yorkminster-amb.conf

If you read the files, you get links to the original wav files, e.g.

B-format: W and X Channels
http://space-net.org.uk/files/Minster1_000_WX_48k.wav
B-format: Y and Z Channels
http://space-net.org.uk/files/Minster1_000_WX_48k.wav