[LAU] [ANN] Neil - Buzz tracker (Aldrin fork)

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 01:02:20 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Just thought you might want to take a look at this project if any of you
are interested in Buzz or trackers:

http://sites.google.com/site/neilsequencer/

It's a fork of Aldrin, which has now been discontinued. The dev for neil
is keen to concentrate primarily on making the platform stable and
usable, and porting more plugins for it, rather than adding extra
features. This suits me pretty fine.

The project has to be checked out with mercurial. I found it builds
pretty simply though, and is already more useful than aldrin (as some of
the later "features" have been reverted, making the interface much more
usable IMHO). Being written in Python, it's pretty easy to hack on.

I'm not the main dev for this project - I just came across it, and have
added a few minor patches - as I used to occasionally on aldrin.

Hope that some of you might find this interesting.

James