[LAU] The CD is finally done! -- mixed/mastered with Linux

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Fri Apr 30 21:16:27 UTC 2010

The CD is done at last:

http://music.betterthanlahar.com/album/bench-seats-are-for-lovers

Funky goodness mixed and mastered on Linux. I used Ardour, Jamin, and tons of LADSPA plugins. The FLAC versions posted were bitdepth-converted using Fons's zita-resampler, and I used tons of various linux tools to do other tasks. All the keyboard sounds were generated on Linux (Beatrix, fluidsynth, etc).

I haven't talked to the guys about CC'ing the tracks, but it's likely they'd be OK with it.

Many thanks to Julien and others on this list and elsewhere out in internet-land who helped listen and tweeze the mixes.

It was fun, but I'm glad it's done now.

-ken