[LAU] Connie, an organ template for JACK

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sun Aug 1 17:27:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 23:41 +0100, James Morris wrote:

> Same problem as Foo YC 20, a lack of volume envelope. The clicks
> resulting from sudden jumps in sample amplitude make it unusable for
> me.

There is actually a fixed four sample amplitude envelope for the key
switches in Foo YC20. This is for both on and off.

I would however like to point out that this is how the original sounds
like: physical switches have no envelopes!

But do note that you can use the second manual with the brightness
switch down for a smoother sound. The filtering in the second manual
cleans up the harshness of the sounds.

Also, the YC20 sounds a lot better when ran through a amplifier (or
emulation of such) where the amplifier filters and distortion smooths
out the sudden amplitude jumps.

 Sampo