[LAU] recorded with Ardour+friends

Roberto Suarez Soto talkingxouba at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 15:47:47 UTC 2010

El día Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:31:20 -0400, Sean Corbett
<seanbutnotheard at gmail.com> escribía:

> It looks like they're planning on setting up
> bandcamp/purevolume/facebook pages too... I wonder which service will
> eventually usurp MySpace?  Facebook has come close I think, but it's
> not quite the ideal band promoting tool from my very limited
> experience.

	I'm not sure about this. First, Facebook has reached 500 million
users. 500 million! That's a lot of potential listeners.

	Second, every time I "fan" something or someone, it appears on my
wall. My friends can see it and click on it, even if only out of curiousity.
I've done it a lot of times, and I guess my friends too. It takes only a
couple of people that fans a group for it to spread exponentially
(hopefully :-)).

	So, though I don't think it's the ultimate band promoting tool, I'd
add it to the "must have" things for them. Only my 2 cents, of course.

--
    Roberto Suarez Soto                    I need a hurricane
                                         To wash my sins away