[LAU] [LAD] Document on using Jack Apps

Jean-Yves Poilleux jypllx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:02:17 UTC 2010

Hi

Actually, there is some info that can be found here and there on some forums
(see below)

JDelay is, from what I've understood, a command-line tool that allows you to
determine your sound card latency.

#1 : start jack
#2 : type jdelay in a terminal
#3 : patch connections in jack : input -> jdelay, jdelay -> output, you
should get a tone in your speakers
#4 : latency is calculated, using phase difference between input and output
#5 : in the terminal, the latency is printed in msec.

It never worked on my soundcard, "signal below threshold" was all that was
printed in my terminal.

You can find info here :
http://old.nabble.com/using-jdelay-td22843924.html
<http://old.nabble.com/using-jdelay-td22843924.html>