[LAU] Problem with sound on Rosegarden

Peter O'Doherty mail at peterodoherty.net
Tue Aug 3 12:21:03 UTC 2010

Hi Harry,

> 1: If your using the internal synth in rosegarden, then you need to
> patch the audio outputs of rosegarden to
> the system playbacks, and it should all work.

I don't particularly need or want to use qsynth but thought it was
compulsory to enable audio to be produced so it's good to know that
option 1 should also work, with Rosegarden's internal synths.
Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work even after connecting the audio
ins and outs.

> 2: If your using an external synth, (QSynth), you need to patch the
> MIDI from RoseGarden to QSynth, and the
> Audio from QSynth to the system playbacks.

Unfortunately, this does not work either.

> I think your attempting #2, which would mean that if you patch the
> MIDI to QSynth you migth be in buisness..?
> Let me know.. Cheers, -Harry

Not quite sure what I should try next.
Best,
Peter