[LAU] how to use linux to make music that sounds like peverelist dub-tech?

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Tue Aug 3 23:45:19 UTC 2010

On 3 August 2010 21:02, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey James!
>> Can you talk about Neil? Is it any good?
>>

> Neil is a fork of the (now defunct) Aldrin, which, in turn is a Linux
> implementation of Jeskola Buzz.
>
> The main page (including fairly extensive install instructions) is here:
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/neilsequencer/

Anyone have any clues about why I get

$ neil
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/neil", line 20, in <module>
    import neil.main
ImportError: No module named neil.main

having just installed neil and can verify neil is in
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/neil/
(gentoo, python2.6)

I just enjoyed listening to a couple of the demos from the music page
on the neil site.

James.