[LAU] Attrk - rtc?

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Wed Aug 4 19:07:23 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Josh Lawrence's message of 2010-08-02 22:00:31 +0200:
> hi everyone,
>
> in my never-ending search for midi sequencers, I ran across Attrk, a
> rewrite of the tracker ttrk:
>
> http://www.lumanmagnum.net/physics/attrk/index.html
>
> I have been able to build it just fine, but I keep running into an
> issue with rtc access.  the application wants to be run as root to get
> realtime access to the realtime clock (rtc?).  I've never run into
> this issue before with midi sequencers, so I've been doing some
> reading.  apparently this was an older way of getting accurate timing
> from a midi sequencer, but isn't used much anymore (my assumption
> might be incorrect, please correct me if I'm wrong).  so what is the
> *proper* way to handle this sort of thing on a modern system?
>
> thanks,
>
> Josh

Since trackers seem to be fine for you I thought I could mention a not
yet well known midi tracker - jacker. It's jack midi and gtk based and
simply does what it says on the tin.
http://bitbucket.org/paniq/jacker/wiki/Home

Regards
--
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan