[LAU] LinuxMusicians Monthly Round-Up #1 - August 2010

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Aug 7 11:32:04 UTC 2010

Robin Gareus wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On 08/06/2010 12:21 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've started a new initiative under the umbrella of LinuxMusicians,
>> namely publishing an editorial on Linux audio developments and Linux
>> audio related news. My goal is to publish an editorial at the beginning
>> of each month to cover what happened in the month before. The first
>> editorial covering the month July is finished and published:
>> http://linuxmusicians.autostatic.com/2010/08/05/editorial-august-2010
>
> Very well done!
>
> If you like, it'd be great if we could mirror (or you write) these
> articles on http://linuxaudio.org.

Hello Robin,

Thanks! And I'm honoured about the linuxaudio.org proposal, I would love
to do that!

>> I'd really appreciate any feedback, remarks etc. and any input for the
>> next edition is more than welcome. This time I mainly focused on the
>> releases of new versions of apps and new projects. From now on I want to
>> keep track of that so I can elaborate more on the news part.
>
> http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/laa/feed
> http://lam.fugal.net/ or http://lam.fugal.net/songs/atom
> http://planet.linuxaudio.org/
>
> ..will come in helpful for keeping track, but I guess you already know
> those :)

I'm on the LAA list. Concerning lam.fugal.net, I check it every now and
then but most songs are so so. And I should add the linuxaudio.org
Planet feed, I'm now only following the one of LinuxMusicians.

> It'd also be nice to include an overview for some upcoming events: eg.
> MakeArt(November, FR), FOMS/OVC (October, US), Linux Plumbers (Nov, US),
> Piksel (November, NO),..

Yes, I had that in mind, but that would've taken some more time and I
wanted to publish the Round-Up before the weekend. So I'll add them to
the next editorial.

> Should you follow the lists closely, you could also link to, or
> summarize interesting email-discussions or forum-messages. similar to
> kerneltrap.org.

I wanted to do that too. But the discussions that stood out had either
little to do with Linux audio or were just a bit too technical. But for
the next issue I will certainly keep my eyes open.