[LAU] ceres

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Tue Aug 10 12:13:22 UTC 2010

menno:

> Hi,
>
> i try to build Ceres0.49. It seems to me that it can build on a recent distro like Ubuntu10.04.
> However i'm stuck. I get this output.
> Can someone give me a hint on how to proceed?

Have you looked at the INSTALL file? In that file there
is a list of packages needed for Fedora. This list is probably
quite similar to the packages you need for Ubuntu.

 		gtk+
 		gtk+-devel
 		libxml-devel
 		python-devel
 		glib-devel
 		gdk-pixbuf-devel
 		imlib-devel

 		jack
 		jack-devel (jack-audio-connection-kit-devel)
 		libsamplerate
 		libsamplerate-devel

 	        xbitmaps
 	        flex
 		libXmu-devel
 		libXt-devel
 		libXext-devel
 		libXp-devel
 		libXft-devel
 		libXrender-devel
 		fontconfig-devel
 		freetype-devel
 		libjpeg-devel
 		libpng-devel

> thank you
> Menno
>
> menno at ubuntu:~/Downloads/ceres-0.49/src$ make
> echo "\
> 	cd packages;\
> 	sh make_libglade.sh /usr/local/share/ceres;\
> 	" >makesource.sh
> sh makesource.sh
> libglade-0.17/

--cut--

> make_libglade.sh: 8: glib-config: not found
> make_libglade.sh: 9: glib-config: not found

Seems like you are missing the glib-devel package.

> checking for gtk-config... no
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
> *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
> *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to gtk-config.

You don't have the gtk devel package.

> checking for xml-config... no
> configure: error: Couldn't find xml-config
> make: *** [packages/libglade_compiled] Error 1
> menno at ubuntu:~/Downloads/ceres-0.49/src$

You also need the libxml devel package.

> i have libgtk2.0 (2.20.1) and -dev installed.

Doesn't matter. Ceres uses gtk1, not gtk2.

Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de>
>   Isn't ceres a frontend for csound?

No, it has nothing to do with csound. :-)