[LAU] MP3 tag editor ?

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Tue Aug 10 16:54:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Philipp Überbacher
<hollunder at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from michael noble's message of 2010-08-10 09:14:55 +0200:
>> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman
>> <jeb at joshuacorps.org>wrote:
>>
>> >  Is there a good GUI MP3 tag editor for Linux?
>> >

>> Depending on your needs you may wish to consider Picard. It's a python based
>> tag editor brought out by the music brainz crew, so its good for auto
>> tagging bulk files of known artists.
>>
>> Available here: http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
>>
>> -mjn
>
> I found this to be about the most confusing piece of software I've ever
> used.

Some days I feel very dumb :) I've not tried Picard ... but I have
wasted many hours trying to use easytag. Yes, I can tag files ... but
for the life of me I can't figure out the filters or selection stuff.
And, to add insult ... I've never been able to get easytag to actually
write the tags out to the files. I fear I may be stuck with command
line tools for the rest of my life.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca