[LAU] pc-keyboard with midi game port

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:27:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:01:20 -0500 (CDT)
"Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabrbedd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010, Renato wrote:
>
> > Hello, today I found in the dumpster this pc-keyboard which is
> > neither ps/2 or usb, but has these two connectors which to me seem
> > midi game and plain midi.
> >
> > http://imgur.com/1H72s.jpg
>
> It's not using MIDI... it's just using the same standard DIN
> connector that MIDI chose.
>
> It is in fact a PS/2.  IIRC, if you lop off that DIN
> connector and solder on a newer PS/2 connector... they are
> electrically equivalent.

ok, so I won't get note on/off from it... but do I have any chance of
getting whatever it generates (letters, numbers) from the midi input of
my soundcard? could I code something or use something like puredata or
supercollider for achieving this?

If it were possible I would greatly prefer it to a usb keyboard, given
that I allready have plugged in my laptop an arduino, a joystick and the
soundcard

thanks all for the replies
renato