[LAU] m-audio "new" 1010 question

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 12:44:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:09:20 -0700
Niels Mayer <nielsmayer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Paul Davis
> <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > on linuxstudiopro.com,. there is a comment:
> >
> >  "Andy Reynolds London 3:59pm on Sunday, April 20th, 2008.
> > Apparently this card was redesigned in 2007 to meet RoHS rules and
> > as a result is no longer compatible with the ice1712 linux module"
> >
> > can anyone confirm or deny whether this is true?

I have a 2008 delta 1010 and as I reported back in January, there is a
constant background hiss hovering around -30dB -- extremely annoying
and has forced me to use my older 24/96 ... so my 8 analog inputs are
useless. I'll eventually get back to diagnosing.

> PS: I'd love to hear results of people testing Mudita24 variant of
> Envy24control w/ a recent Delta 1010:
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/mudita24-1.0.3.tar.gz

Love it, great makeover. What exactly should I be testing? As a rule, I
mix in ardour but if you have something specific in mind, I'd be
willing to help.

David