[LAU] m-audio "new" 1010 question

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 18:19:32 UTC 2010

Hi Kevin,

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:13:51 -0700
Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:

> On 21 August 2010 at 8:44, David Santamauro
> <david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a 2008 delta 1010 and as I reported back in January,
> > there is a constant background hiss hovering around -30dB --
> > extremely annoying and has forced me to use my older 24/96 ...
> > so my 8 analog inputs are useless. I'll eventually get back to
> > diagnosing.
>
> If you search the web for a long time you'll come across info
> indicating that problem is due to failing capacitors in the 1010s.
> The era when that happened might have been around the time that a lot
> of bad capacitors ended up in computer equipment and forced warranty
> repairs.  I'm somewhat surprised by a 2008 delta 1010 having this
> trouble.  But, I'd explore that route.  Maybe this link will help?
>
> http://delta.brainiac.com/delta1010capfix.html

I Went through much diagnosing back in January and the delta 1010
functions correctly in windows7 (and other windows versions). So from a
hardware perspective, the unit and card are fine.

I didn't want to hijack the thread, just chiming in on Paul's
incompatibility question, which apparently isn't connected to my issue
(at least not on the surface).

thanks,

David