[LAU] Ardour question

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Aug 23 04:13:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:
>> In Ardour, is there a simple keyboard shortcut which will record-enable all
>> defined tracks?
>
> most per-track buttons (rec-enable, solo, mute) have this property.
> Shift-ctrl-click will apply the change to all tracks.

Thanks.  That tip served me well this weekend as I was FOH for a three-day
music festival, and recording each of the 28-30 acts (I lost count after a
while...)
   I saved a template with a track defined for every input I had available
from the board, then after the stage was set, I could hide the tracks I
wasn't using for that act, and I could then activate all the tracks and
start the recording quickly.
...but I quickly discovered that hiding the track doesn't help.  The
shft-ctrl-click enabled recording for all defined tracks, whether hidden
or not.  So when I was most in a time crunch, I used the mass enable to
get the recording started, then during the second song when I was sure the
board was reasonably stable and the performers happy with their monitors,
so I could divert my attention, I stopped recording on all the unnecessary
tracks to save space on the drive.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009