[LAU] Really good Jack mixer?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Aug 26 05:57:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, August 25, 2010 9:37 pm, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>  Anyone have software that can be used as a really good live Jack
> mixer?  I'd love to see the usual controls on every channel, i.e., a
> virtualization of a real P.A. mixer, with user-selectable channel count
> :-)  Has such a thing been made which works well ???

Well you have ardour's mixer but that comes with the editor too.

If you just want the mixer panel there is a fork using ardour libs I
forget teh name now. Harrison provide the mixbus for a price and you can
also try out http://non.tuxfamily.org for free.

If you want something DJ centered with less tracks then jackEQ is an option

If you just want to mix jack streams try jack mixer.

I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that spring to mind.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.