[LAU] irq sharing / delta 1010 input hiss

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 19:10:33 UTC 2010

Hi Roman,

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:41:56 +0200
Roman <intxixu at gisa-elkartea.org> wrote:

> Working with 1010LT on debian testing 64-bit, I can hear some hiss at
> 96 KHz. Noise vanishes in lower samplerates. I guess it comes from
> the motherboard.

My goodness, what a revelation! I can't believe changing the sample
rate to 48000, down from 96000 actually eliminates the hiss. I sort-of
understand why, just that I never thought of doing it as a means to fix
the problem -- wow, I feel like I missed the forest being blocked by a
big tree.

For now, I thank all that had something to say in my fight with this
problem from irq's and pci-x to live distributions and power
testing (alsa list advice).

I'll will now slowly dismantle all the hacks I had to get music into my
computer and start making it again with my beloved delta 1010.

Thank you

David

/crossing fingers/