[LAU] non-mixer, LADSPA issues, Fedora 13 64-bit

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sat Aug 28 02:50:32 UTC 2010

 OK.  I examined every Makefile, found the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS settings
for non-debug builds, added -march=native to every one.  It's definitely
using them, building is visibly slower now.  I ran it, same results:

[jeb at youngdavid daw]$ non-mixer

WARNING: File /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat could not be examined

dlerror() output:

/usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat: invalid ELF header

130 plugins found in 103 libraries

[non-mixer] Your fun is over

I then decided to see what is going on with ladspa-rubberband.cat.  I
found profound weirdness:

[jeb at youngdavid daw]$ file /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat

/usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat: ASCII text

[jeb at youngdavid daw]$ cat /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat

ladspa:ladspa-rubberband:rubberband-pitchshifter-mono::Frequency > Pitch shifters

ladspa:ladspa-rubberband:rubberband-pitchshifter-stereo::Frequency > Pitch shifters

It is rather clear that non-mixer is trying to treat
/usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat as a binary, looking for an ELF
header.  It is just as clear, above, that the standard Fedora 13 file of
this name and location is an ASCII text configuration file of some kind,
not a binary at all.

Anyone know what should be done next?

J.E.B.