[LAU] do qsynth and zynaddsubfx do aftertouch?

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 21:57:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:11 PM, andy baxter <
andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

> That's the question really - I am using a midi keyboard with these two
> programs and would like to be able to use the aftertouch on it, but they
> don't seem to work by default. Does anyone know if there is a way to get
> this working?

Hey Andy,

Aftertouch is not anything special, its sends a MIDI message just like
turning a MIDI knob does. What you need to do is tell the synth to listen to
the aftertouch midi message, and use it to control <your-parameter-here>.

If you cant map aftertouch to what you want, try converting it to a MIDI
Control Change (MIDI knob turn) type message, which has become almost a
standard in controlling software parameters.

You didn't mention what it is that you want to do with the aftertouch?
Cheers, -Harry