[LAU] No joy with AVlinux

cal cal at graggrag.com
Wed Dec 1 19:23:35 UTC 2010

On 02/12/10 01:03, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Hi Batz,
>
> just a quick re:
>
> On 12/01/2010 02:29 PM, Batz wrote:
>> [ .. ]
>> Yoshimi looked really interesting. It looks as though you can use
>> samples as oscillators which could be what I'm after. [ ... ]

Nope, it can't do that! Well, yet ...

> AFAIK, Yoshimi is still under heavy development and not ready for
> prime-time, yet.

Not entirely true. I'd consider 0.058.1 stable, and 0.060.1 is a minor advance
on that with no threats to that inherent stability. There's been a steady stream
of experimental versions, always tagged "-preX", so I suspect you're assessment
is based on their reputation. Some of those experimentals have been erratic (to
put it kindly), not so 0.058.1/0.060.1.

cheers.