[LAU] No joy with AVlinux

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Thu Dec 2 17:14:35 UTC 2010

Hi allcoms,

> I know a lot of people were miffed when you
> announced you were switching to using buntu as the base

It made a certain amount of sense at the time. Our customers were asking
for Ubuntu rather than Debian, and the timed release cycle of Ubuntu
looked attractive.

> I'll be
> recommending Debian Mint to newbs or the new 64studio when that gets
> released for people who want to do audio- when it finally arrives
> (version 6.6?;)

The new distro will be a little different, in that it will be
pro-audio-specific rather than general-creative-desktop. So it will be
under a new name and numbering scheme.

Cheers!

Daniel