[LAU] First KXlinux headaches.

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 12:19:27 UTC 2010

I was trying to find KXlinux on the web. Could someone post a link?

I was trying to find out whether it uses pulseaudio. From what I've
understood, Envy24 is no go with pulseaudio, right?

If KXlinux doesn't work out for you I recommend trying out puredyne 911.
http://puredyne.org/download.html
It's a live distro, so you can run it from a CD or a usb-stick, or
install it. Which ever way you want.
The rt-kernel is magnificient on that particular version. No sudden
crashes. I had no problems with getting nvidia graphics to run (needed
to be installed manually, though). It's the rt-kernel from Ubuntu
Karmic's repo.

Here is a how to create the live usb, for anyone intrested:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Puredyne/Creating_a_live_USB_stick

On 12/03/2010 08:54 AM, Batz wrote:
> Y-ellow All.
> Sorry to have to ask but does anyone know how to get an evvy24 sound
> card to work in KXlinux?
>
> On the recommendations of Nedko, I'm now trying out KXlinux. It too is
> Ubuntu based so fingers crossed on that one. Except KDE and not gnome.
> I'm still trying to wrap my head around the paradigm at work here but
> "Slow" is one word that comes to mind. It took 3 hours to install. Well,
> OK, mainly because I fell asleep while waiting for it. But every time I
> woke up it was trying to shred the hard drive. 3 hours later after
> failing to reboot by it self, I finally booted into something resembling
> a working system.
>
> I think it was trying to download and install about 300 meg of updates
> or something? It never said what it was doing, it just sat there
> hammering the hard drive.
>
> Anyway, It works. I'll get the hang of it. Actually it looks rather
> interesting if a bit of a dog's breakfast. I can deal with that. But the
> DSP124 sound card is nowhere to be seen. So all I hear is a tiny squeak
> out of the internal speaker. I assume that the drivers weren't part of
> the install and no envy24 controls. So the first thing I need to do is
> get that working. Would anyone be able to walk me through obtaining
> these and installing them please?
>
> Thank you very kindly in advance.
>
> Onward and... Well... Sideways perhaps.
>
> Be absolutely icebox.