[LAU] Audigy 2

Stephen Stubbs theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 3 13:55:37 UTC 2010

I like the Sound Blaster MIDI Adaptor/Game Port cable.  Rock solid 1In-1Out MIDI
interface.  I've had mine since MS-DOS 2.1, however long that's been.  It's
worked with every Sound Blaster card since then, including my current Audigy2 ZS
PCI card.  I think it uses the MP-401 interface under Alsa.

I've used it with Mandrake, Debian, and my current Fedora 12 OS.  Rosegarden and
other SF2 loading programs work fine with the Audigy2.

My opinion is that the Audigy2 is an excellent low-end card.  The comments below
are all accurate.  Look for the ASFXload program or whatever it's called now and
use it to save the settings on the Audigy2 when shutting down and restarting the
computer.  Otherwise, you'll have to open up Alsamixer to reset your volumes and
set the card to analog output everytime you reboot (unless you prefer digital
output.)

'The Other' Stephen Stubbs.

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica at gmail.com>

Hi,

It's been a while since I used one of those, nearly forgotten about
it. I have however used both emu10k and audigy cards and as I recall
it worked just fine.
I suppose these cards are virtually free on ebay or similar, I'd
recommend just go ahead and try it.

Regards,
Robert