[LAU] First KXlinux headaches.

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 03:31:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
> On 12/03/2010 01:19 PM, ailo wrote:
>
>> I was trying to find out whether it uses pulseaudio. From what I've
>> understood, Envy24 is no go with pulseaudio, right?
>
> Right, and since KXStudio is based on Ubuntu 10.04 you'll have to hack
> your way around a bit.

I'm not using kxstudio anymore, rather more of a mix of falktx's
packages, stock ubuntu 10.04 and some other PPAs, but I had it working
fine with an envy24 based soundcard. From memory, the jack-pulse
integration is optional, and can be turned off using the included
jack2-simple-config.

If kxstudio is not your thing, then pure::dyne might suit you as has
been stated. There is also a newish distro called tango studio that
looks interesting (http://tangostudio.tuxfamily.org/en/tangostudio),
and a studio distro based on puppy linux
(http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=60483) which also
looks lightweight and may suit you fine.

-mjn