[LAU] Drumming in LinuxSampler -- per-note outputs?

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sun Dec 5 10:52:06 UTC 2010

Hi all,

For the drums in my projects, I usually use Hydrogen, running it in its
mode that creates separate JACK outputs for each drum in the kit. Then,
I run those outputs in to separate tracks in Ardour, usually in groups
(ie: one track for the kick, one for snare, one for toms, one for
hats/cymbals).

The RAM usage of Hydrogen with larger kits, though, like the (210MB)
BigMono kit from AnalogueDrums, is substantial, so I'm looking at using
LinuxSampler as an alternative. I have BigMono running in LinuxSampler
CVS, thanks to this SFZ mapping:

http://www.drealm.info/sfz/AnalogueDrums/

It works beautifully, but with a standard LinuxSampler setup just
producing stereo output, I'm not sure how I'm going to mix the results
in Ardour.

Is there any way to get LinuxSampler to output different notes, or
groups of notes, to separate outputs in JACK?

Thanks
Leigh