[LAU] 100% Linux stuff: The Infinite Repeat - Unaware of a Direction

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun Dec 5 20:34:54 UTC 2010

On 12/05/2010 01:23 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Jeremy!
>    Yes, lovely song that. It has drive and some nice sounds or at least
> the sounds you had, made up to sound nice. :-)
>    I like the 70ish touch to it! If you had had a boomier bass drum and
> slightly boomier snare, it would have been even more 70ish and even more
> irresistable, where the rhythm is concerned. Just my personal feelings.
> Thanks for sharing! I'd like some more... :-)
>    Warm regards
>              Julien

Hello Julien, thanks! I know what you mean with a boomier bass and a
boomier snare. But I deliberately didn't use boomier drums, in fact I
eq'd the bass drums to filter out the lows and heavily gated the snare.
I didn't want really big drums so all the other instruments would become
more audible.
There'll be more. This track was sitting on my harddrive for almost half
a year now. Now that I feel like I know some basics I can move on.

Best,

Jeremy