[LAU] Multimedia production on Debian (was Re: No joy with AVlinux)

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Dec 6 16:47:56 UTC 2010

Excerpts from fons's message of 2010-12-06 13:09:42 +0100:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 08:56:01PM +1000, M Watts wrote:
>
> > I still call `!' `pling'...
>
> I'm still missing the extremely handy RiscOS feature that right-click
> on a menu allowed to make a selection without closing the menu. Such
> a thing in GTK would have me saved hours of re-opening nested menus
> in Ardour.
>
> Ciao,

I'm wishing for that as well all the time. I wonder who came up with the
idea that there's only ever one thing you want to do in a menu. Didn't
know anyone was clever enough to implement something as complex as
"don't close menu if right-clicked" or "don't close if modifier is
pressed when menu-item is clicked".

It's one of those obvious user interface doh's.