[LAU] lau free audio data (script)

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 00:22:34 UTC 2010

Hey,

Great idea Rosea! I have some suggestions you might concider?

- The downloads are quite big, for those with slower internet, at least warn
that X GB will be downloaded?
- Perhaps see if a GUI can be incorperated, perhaps a Python application? (I
volunteer to help on this if needed.)
- In the GUI we could ask the user "what" part of all of the resources they
want, ie: maybe not all want both Salamander & the Mastro Concert Grand
pianos...

Just a question, one of the resources mentiones:

"If you want to include any of these soundfonts in a distribution or
collection of soundfonts or similar, you must get my permission"

Would the list concider a script to download things a collection? Or
similar? Ie: Would each downloader need to contact the owner?

Cheers, and once again, fabulous idea! I find im always losing some samples
/ something small when reinstalling, this script would clear that up for
once & for all. -Harry