[LAU] Converting binary digital data in PCM

ciclo esano cicloesano at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:37:53 UTC 2010

Hmmm.. I have no success until now :(

Using play -e raw -b 32 -c 1 -r 441000 --endian little dat.raw
I am facing with the following error:

play FAIL sox: --encoding: `raw' is not one of: signed-integer,
unsigned-integer, floating-point, ms-adpcm, ima-adpcm, oki-adpcm,
gsm-full-rate, u-law, mu-law, a-law.

That's strange. I am sure the data are in little-endian format (since the
storage CPU is Intel), each sample is 32-bit long integer, I have 32768
samples but have no idea about the real sampling rate.
I can try with several speeds, but the question about the "encoding" still
unclear for me. And this is the same using sox instead.

So, I am stuck here