[LAU] bristol synths hang

frederic rech f.rech at yahoo.fr
Sat Dec 11 22:59:49 UTC 2010

--- En date de : Sam 11.12.10, Nick Copeland <nickycopeland at hotmail.com> a écrit :

De: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland at hotmail.com>
Objet: RE: [LAU] bristol synths hang
À: f.rech at yahoo.fr, rennabh at gmail.com
Cc: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
Date: Samedi 11 décembre 2010, 21h43

> > particular note "hangs" on the synth, and sending note off events
> > doesn't stop it... I have to restart the program, which makes it
> > unusable since it happens quite often. Untill now this happenede with
> > b3, minimoog and dx7.

> I have the same problem here, playing with an usb keyboard.
> Sometimes you probably have "clicks" (digital saturation) too.

Bristol has had these issues although they were supposed to have been
iron out in the later releases. The cause of the clicks was largely due to
voice reassignment with mono synths fixed by implementing a different
note assignment method (note preference with droning) and the sticky
notes were due to scheduling issues between threads fixed with a jack
ringbuffer message passing method.

Now a lot of the distributions are still packaging bristol-0.40 which is
a couple of years out of date. If you have newer versions then I can
work on some debuging with you, if you don't have 0.60 then it would
make sense to try that first.

I cannot rule out other issues but lets start with the versions you have
and take it from there.

Kind regards, nick.

Have compile 0.60 with no problem, and no clicks anymore :)
But now Bristol lives -alone- in Qjacks'MIDI tab, and the rest of MIDI stuff are in ALSA tab...
What did I missed ?