[LAU] New (old) Song

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Mon Dec 13 12:50:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 00:00:10 +0100 (CET)
Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> Hello Will!
>    I just listened to the tune and in the way you wrote the music, it gives
> much more hope, than the lyrics suggest. It almost sounds happy.

Hi Julian.

Yes, this was actually a deliberate decision. The original was far more sombre.
It was the addition of the bass and guitar that totally changed it's nature.
Mind you, even the piano brightens the song slightly.

Rather like many protest songs of the 1960s that had a serious content, I
wanted people to identify with the tune so it sort of fixed in their minds
before they fully appreciated the content.

As an amateur psychologist I'd probably make a good orange sexer :)

The 'lite' version is here (temporarily):
http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Corridors_Lite.ogg

The full story about how this song came to be is here:
http://www.musically.me.uk/corridors.html

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk