[LAU] How to make Jack remember soundcards, not alsa-slots

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Dec 14 16:55:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:44:36 +0100
ailo <ailo.at at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking on how to sync the two cards, delta-1010 and delta-66.
> AFAIK, no matter the method, it seems one must sync them using spdif
> (don't think this is needed on Windows, but perhaps that has to do with
> proprietary drivers?).

If you want to use these two cards together, then syncing with SPDIF is
pretty much required.  The alsa_in/out programs add latency, and as the
website said, you should not record using those programs.

I can guarantee that you'd need to sync them with SPDIF under Windows as
well as Linux, or you'll get clock drift between the cards.

> There is this method:
> http://www.jrigg.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html
>
> If someone has some experience in using multiple cards, I won't mind a
> pointer or two.

I've put up how I got it to work here: http://delta.brainiac.com/deltasync.html
I run 2 Delta 1010s synced up and it works well for me.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com