[LAU] How to make Jack remember soundcards, not alsa-slots

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 21:31:13 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 01:49 PM, ailo wrote:
> Ok, back to the original topic.
>
> The setup is:
> Three pci audio cards and a bunch of usb midi devices connected to my
> computer.
>
> Problem:
> After booting the computer and doing cat /proc/asound/cards I find most
> of the pci audio cards and usb midi devices listed.
> I say most, because one or more of the devices is missing.
> Quite often a midi usb device will be listed as the first choice.
>
> This is not supposed to happen, right?

So, this was just the result of me editing the
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf.

After adding..

alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
options snd-ice1712 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-ice1712
options snd-ice1712 index=1

..these cards would not load if something else was loaded into those
I suppose I could add all devices that are to be used (3 audio cards +
some usb devices) into this file, but I'm giving up this for now.

Anyway, I was only doing this in order to be able to write the
~/.asoundrc that would turn these two cards into one interface.
As stated in another reply it didn't work for me, even if the ice1712
cards were loaded into hw:0 and hw:1.

--
ailo