[LAU] Multiple sound cards

Peter Nelson peter at fuzzle.org
Thu Dec 16 08:28:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 03:40 +0100, ailo wrote:

> Also, the only method that works for me starting jack is from the
> command line:
> jackd -d alsa -C multi_capture -P multi_playback.
>
> I'm also wondering about the spdif sync method. In this .asoundrc,
> digital ins and outs are not dealt with. Isn't this needed in order to
> sync the cards?

Qjackctl is well behaved there: although it provides device drop downs,
you can also just type the device names in.

The S/PDIF synchronisation should be provided by the card's hardware and
settings (envy24control -> Hardware Settings -> Master Clock -> S/PDIF
in, on one of the cards)

Peter.

P.S. When someone asks you to type "ls -l ~/.asoundrc", it's rather
helpful, in a remote diagnostics situation, to just do that instead of
changing it to "ls -l .asoundrc"