[LAU] partition table

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Fri Dec 17 15:18:43 UTC 2010

On 12/17/10 16:01, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Do you have a special /home partition? Why or why not?

You can easily mess your system up by filling the file system, depending
on the use case scenario it might be a good idea to have media data on a
separate partition or drive. Many file systems offer a reservoir of
blocks for the root user to avoid a totally unusable system, but most
services will die.

On machines that have to run reliably (servers, recording, playback) I
usually have a dedicated system partition.

> Will performance be better if you have a special partition for audio?

Again it depends on your use case. For big recordings I create new
filesystems for the media data everytime.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net